Experiencing constant neck pain from prolong sitting at the desk?
Developing a stiff and aching neck or shoulder after a bout of housework chores such as vacuuming, lifting or mopping the floor?
If so, “Neck-xercise” class is able to improve your symptoms! Exercises taught in our class will help to strengthen your neck, shoulder blade and upper back muscles to reduce your pain and stiffness.
Additionally, you will learn about the proper and desired posture and body mechanics for your daily activities.
Research has shown that specific stretching and strengthening exercises for the neck and shoulder blades are able to reduce pain, improve function and have global perceived effect in patients with mechanical neck pain.
It also supports the use of upper back thrust manipulation to improve short-term function in terms of pain, range of movement and self-reported function.
Benefits of the program:
- Reduce neck pain and stiffness
- Prevent recurrence of injury
- Improve your muscle strength, endurance and flexibility
- Improve your ability to recruit the correct muscles
- Enhance your movement awareness and self-management
Who may benefit from it:
- Individuals with history of neck pain
- Individuals with history of neck sprain due to trauma
- Individuals who are interested in conditioning to prevent neck pain